Activities Assistant (Every Other Weekend)
Healthcare worker COVID-19 vaccination opportunities are coming soon and will be available to New Perspective team members and residents. Our team members and residents are first priority.
Protect Yourself, Protect Your Loved Ones, Protect Our Seniors.
As the Activities Assistant (actual title is Life Engagement Coach (LEC)), you will provide an enriching life experience by coordinating and executing life engagement activities with all residents. You will work with the team that encourages and supports the residents in 'Living Life On Purpose TM' by focusing on Pillars (Physical Fitness, Brain Fitness, Dining Experience and Social/Spiritual Enrichment). This opportunity is a perfect fit for compassionate individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer opportunities for training, advancement, education financial assistance, bonuses, and much more.
- Every Other Weekend
- Day Shift
- Part Time
- Assists with the creation and execution for the calendar and the personal schedules for the assigned neighborhood
- Ensures an abundant amount of supplies and working technology is available to the residents
- Continually invites, encourage and assists the residents in all activities
- Sets up agenda for evening engagement, present plan to evening Caregivers and follow up the next day to ensure the plan was executed
- Assists the team with the monthly budget to provide food, engagement, and educational activities.
- Communicates and interacts with residents, families and team members in a kind, respectful and effective way.
- Champions hospitality and delivers excellent customer service to residents, families, visitors, and vendors
- Ensures that an attractive home environment exists at all times with a milieu that fosters engagement, socialization and purposeful living.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Ability to read, write, speak & understand the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and act in the resident's best interest
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred and desire to serve and care for seniors
Why New Perspective Senior Living?
A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Free Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Accident, Critical Illness Coverage
- PerkSpot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
*Eligibility depends on full-time, part-time, or PRN status.
Team Member Perks
- Real-time access to earned wages
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee and resident referral bonuses
- Advancement opportunities
- Education assistance - eligible after 30 days of employment!
New Perspective Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!