Caregiver Med Passer (Experienced) – BONUS!!
New Perspective is now offering a $1,000 Sign on Bonus for experienced Caregiver/CNA - Med Passers at our West Fargo, ND community.
$1,000 Sign on Bonus will be paid throughout the first year of employment!
The Caregiver Med Passer (CNA required),is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services by administering medication and treatments in a safe organized manner. This includes administration of medications, documentation of medication administration and resident care while demonstrating New Perspective Senior Living's Mission and Values in accordance with federal, state and local standards and regulations. This opportunity is a perfect fit for compassionate individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer opportunities for training, advancement, education financial assistance, bonuses, and much more.
Within the first 30 days upon your hire date, you will be required to learn and properly perform the Caregiver responsibilities and successfully complete the Med Passer training requirements. Upon completion of these requirements, you will become our next qualified Med Passer on the team.
**REQUIRED: previous Med Passer experience and CNA needed to qualify for the 30-day Med Passer offer.
- Reads and documents in all communication logs and informs the nurse when needed
- Effectively completes incident reports per company policy
- Accurately dispenses, passes medications & documents in the MAR, absent of errors
- Accurately assists residents with self-administration of medications
- Accurately counts narcotics in accordance with company policy
- Honors personhood by reading and knowing the Residents' Life Stories
- Actively involved in the life enrichment program
- Is compliant with company training requirements
- Demonstrates a high level of safety and privacy of resident information in all work practices
- Champions "follow-through" on all delegated tasks from the Director of Wellness
- Assists residents in accordance with their individual service (care) plans to include: personal care and activities of daily living (eating, drinking, walking, and transferring) and use of adaptive equipment (hearing aids, glasses, and dentures)
- Complies with company Mission, Values, and Principles of Service, policies and procedures, and applicable laws
- Communicates and interacts in a professional, respectful, and hospitable manner with residents, families, and team members
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Certified Nursing Assist (CNA) required
- Previous Med Passer experience required
- Ability to read, write, speak & understand the English language
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and act in the resident's best interest
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred and desire to serve and care for seniors
- Competent in organizational and time management skills
- Full Time (Days, Evenings, Overnights)
- Part Time (Days, Evenings, Overnights)
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!