Cook – Part Time
A New Perspective Cook is a valuable part of the care team by executing recipes, preparing the kitchen, and creating delicious and dietary meals. We look for team members who are passionate about health, nutrition and food safety for seniors.
To learn more about the day of a New Perspective Cook, click here.
New Perspective Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Follow established corporate recipes or those identified by the Culinary Services Director
- Follow all ServSafe, governmental and corporate regulations for food safety and handling
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Adjusts food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Ensure proper cleaning and sanitization of equipment and work areas
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Wow our residents and guests with amazing dishes.
- Provide resident feedback and make meal recommendations to Supervisor
- Promote teamwork, laughter, and happiness every day
- Schedule allows no late nights!
- Part Time
- High School diploma / GED, or as required by state regulations.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, or PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!