Forklift Driver – 6:00am – 4:30pm Friday – Monday
Dakota Grower's started out as a grower-owned cooperative built by farmers in the early 1990s and today we are the third largest pasta manufacturer in North America. Our entrepreneurial spirit drives our innovative culture and passion to bring premium quality pasta to your table. At Dakota Growers, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, challenging and inspiring environment in one of our state-of-the-art food manufacturing facilities.
Our employees' well-being comes first. That's why we offer excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, short-/long-term disability, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) with up to 6% company match, and annual incentives.
$1,750 Sign on bonus available!
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 2:30am
Sunday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:00pm
This position plays a critical role as a part of our warehouse team. The Forklift Operator is responsible for shipping, storing, and receiving inventory as well asproviding sanitation for the entire warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates forklift to load, unload, and transfer products, pallets, boxes, and other materials. Operates other equipment for shipping, as needed
- Unloads and loads products into trucks and/or railcars according to shipping schedule
- Maintains accurate inventory while storing and loading. Practices first in/first out
- Monitors all equipment for wear and potential damage, performs related preventative maintenance as required
- Maintains Master Sanitation Schedules and other HAACP documentation. Performs scheduled cleaning of equipment
- Re-palletizes and reworks products. Prepares product for regrind process
- Maintains safety and quality in a high paced environment
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing facility
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to climb on and off a ladder for 3+ hours per shift
- Must be able to work in a dusty, high heat/humid environment for 3+ hours per shift
- Must be able to work in a confined space for 3+ hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up-to100 pounds for 3+ hours per shift with team member assistance
- Must be able to push, pull, perform fine manipulation, simple grasping and feel for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to balance, bend, crouch, stand, stoop and walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds independently for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach above shouldersfor 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to operate foot pedals for 8+ hours per shift
- Must be able to sit for 8+ hours per shift