Manager in Training – Ops
Operations Manager in Training
What Slumberland provides:
We are committed to our Manager in Training program to provide you with the resources and development to reach your careers goals. Develop your skillset in operations to include; back room organization, logistics management, inventory control and more. Our commitment of promoting from within coupled with our dedication to our focused learning program will led to success.
Slumberland offers best in class benefits including:
- Competitive wages: Starting at $18 an hour with an opportunity to earn up to $22 an hour.
- Full benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and more.
- Up to 3 weeks of paid time off in your first year, plus 24 hours of PTO from first day.
- Generous merchandise discount
- Retirement and Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement program
Essential function and Accountability:
- Assist in managing operation functions including staffing, back room, inventory control, customer service and more.
- Learn to plan, implement, and maintain a delivery system. Includes actual deliveries to customer homes, back room and store customer pickup
- Manage back room systems that flow inventory to support sales by managing inventory levels, associated labor costs, necessary supplies and equipment in a manner that is efficient.
- Learn to manage the customer service functions in a manner that is most effective putting the customer first.
- Assist in floor merchandise presentation through movement of merchandise onto and off of floor or redesigning store display.
- Learn to provide leadership necessary to motivate employees to meet individual goals while realizing the overall store goals simultaneously. Build an atmosphere that is stimulating, cooperative, challenging, and rewarding.
- Participate with manager in recruiting, interviewing, selecting and developing store employees. Provide input on performance reviews and learn to provide ongoing coaching and training.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures
- Learn to be responsible for building and equipment maintenance. Proper handling, operating, and maintenance of trucks, power and manual equipment.
- Maintain a safe, organized back room at all times. Consistently abide by all company rules and expectations.
- Hold staff accountable for following safe work practices.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a back room environment, with knowledge and practice in movement of merchandise and a safe work environment
- Basic math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- May be required to drive the delivery truck when drivers are not available or as needed. A clean driving record, appropriate driver's license and ability to obtain a health card are necessary.
- Maintains a safe and insurable driving record that will allow for driving on company business.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Relocatable to multiple Mid- West areas.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Information on race, gender and national origin will only be used for statistical and recordkeeping purposes, and will not be used in making any employment decisions. All information provided will be kept separate from your expression of interest. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and you will not be subjected to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide this information. If you do not choose to answer these questions, we ask that you select "Decline to Identify" for each question. Thank you for your voluntary cooperation.