Server – Part Time
At New Perspective, we value a socially interactive and healthy dining experience and it starts with the quality of service provided by the server. Your primary responsibility is to use your knowledge, hospitality and service skills to ensure that residents and guests are enjoying their dining experience. In addition to engaging with the residents and managing their food orders, you will assist in the proper set-up and cleaning of the dining rooms so that the dining experience is enhanced.
Servers are responsible for handling all foods in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complying with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding safe food handling.
Why New Perspective Senior Living?
A career with a purpose starts here!
You can positively impact people's lives daily through engaging conversations and providing a vibrant dining experience. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to grow your career at New Perspective.
- Engages with the residents in a friendly manner with service, friendliness, and a can-do attitude
- Demonstrates knowledge of the menu with the ability to make suggestions
- Takes food and drink orders from residents with accuracy
- Delivers food in a timely basis
- Ensures residents are enjoying their meals and acts swiftly to correct any problems
- Collects payment from residents and guests when necessary
- Enters orders into the POS system for transmittal to the kitchen team
- Maintains impeccable personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Practices food-safe handling skills
- Performs dining room checklists to ensure readiness, cleanliness, safety, and department of health compliance
- Performs and ensures dining room set-up and re-set of tables is in accordance with dining room procedures
- Is knowledgeable of the specialty diet needs of residents and knows where to get such information
- Safe food handling is always practiced
- Helps food preparation team when necessary
- High School diploma preferred
- Previous experience in restaurant, dining hospitality and/or full-service senior living preferred
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well under pressure
- Able to perform high quality work while unsupervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver orders in a timely fashion
- Part-Time (Days, Evenings)
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, or PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!